Oh I Want A Strange Disease for Christmas....

10:03 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
Home again, home again jiggity-jig. Well, you ready for my lengthy description? Of course you are!!! This was my week...long...cause it's a whole week in one post...read on if you care to ;0)

7:30...leave house with little J and head to school to get the Parent breakfast set up...Hot Cider was a hit by the way and very simple

1/2 cup brown sugar
6 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp whole cloves
1 tsp allspice
1 gallon apple juice
Mix in a crockpot and leave it on low. Done.

The Parish hall was a mess so we had to clean it all up first then set up our own stuff.
9:10 Kids start to come in. Get them ready with halos and shepards costumes for our Christmas pageant.
10-10:30 Pageant...worked out beautifully considering a bunch of 2,3, 4 and 5 year olds were involved and they only practiced once, without costumes because of the ice storm last week.
10:30-10:45 parents bring in wonderful gifts, kids give them theirs ...everyone goes home!

11:00 run off to J-man's school to do the Holiday Shoppe that was scheduled and cancelled the previous TH and F because of the ice storm and try to figure out how to send 700 kids through in a 7 hour period in a room that about 20x20.

2:45 With the help of some amazing people we actually did it!! We got all the kids through...they had a blast and left with surprise gifts for all of their family members. *Note to self...do this waaaayyyy earlier next year and allow at least 2 days...whewww!!

At this point I'm a little warm and my back is killing me. I felt a bit queasy but attributed it to PMS. I blame everything on that.....works for me!

By 3:30 I'm packing up what's leftover from the sale and not feeling the least bit happy. My friend Cheri offers to come over and help me count everything, tally and add invoices and box it up for shipment the next day. Great! I head to the principal's office ...I'm literally feeling delirious at this point and can't focus. Very strange...she give's me 3 advil and I head home with my boxes.

Cheri shows up at about 8 and we count and box everything...by the time she leaves I"m shivering so hard I can barely walk. I'm certain I have a fever at this point. Drag out the thermometer...real live glass one at that...nothing. Completely normal.

I take some Cold meds..attribute my shakes to doing waaaay too much in too little time and my body just telling me to stop...sounds reasonable enough right?


Spent the WHOLE night shivering in and out of delirium...took my temp at about 3 in the morning and about bit the end off the thermometer...103. Took 4 Advil...went back to bed.

Woke up and felt like a truck had run over me.
Drug myself to school loaded with Advil. Put the boxes in the office for UPS pickup...took Little J back home and fell asleep on the couch for 4 hours...well as much sleep as you can get with a 3 year old driving trucks up and down your head and legs and "tucking you in" and bring you a drink, and playing dr. and asking if you're still sick....

Mom and Dad came over around 2 to show me their new truck...very nice fully loaded Chevy 1500 with extended cab. I want to retire...

Stated feeling much better...fever was gone. I felt normal, but a little tired. I decided to keep my plans to go to my Christmas party that night..had a great time came home about 10 went to bed.

Woke up in a panic because today I had 15 kids and their moms coming over for a cookie decorating party and I had NO COOKIES made. J-man's Holiday Choral Concert, that was yet again, cancelled due the ice storm, had been rescheduled to 10 a.m. THIS MORNING...we found out YESTERDAY at 3:00! One more monkey wrench...

Guess how many roll-out-cut-out sugar cookies you can make in one hour? Go on guess??? 4 dozen! Rolled, cut, baked, cooled and covered. Am I good or what?? AND I managed to clean my house in between timers...(picked everything up and threw it in a room upstairs and closed the door) vaccuumed, mopped the floor, cleaned the bathroom. Made it to school by 9:30 picked up the check to mail for the Holiday Shoppe, saw my son sing proudly "Bah Humbug, The Christmas Grump" and kept a quivering smile the whole time! He was beautiful ...if I can figure out how to get a bit of video posted I'll show you a little bit next week.

Left school, went to Food Lion to get drinks and glue. Ran back home, finished cleaning, and started setting up tables and food. Friends and kids started arriving about 12:30 and boys headed straight for the Playstation...

Oh well, the girls had a great time making ornaments and decoration cookies. Everyone left about 3-4 pm and Momma K graciously stayed to help me clean up. I'm really glad, because we didn't really have a chance to catch up in 4 hours she was there.

By the end of the evening, I was tired, but fine and hadn't taken any advil all day...no fever...although my glands were a little swollen. Ahhh...no biggie. I snuggled with the boys on the couch and watched The Grinch. Hubs worked late because of the show earlier. Nice day.

Woke up feeling not so nice. Took more Advil. Better. Ran all kinds of errands and by 2 p.m. my throat felt like I had swallowed razor blades. Is this what Strep feels like? I don't know ...never had it...that's right folks...I have never in my life had Strep...I was told as a kid that I can carry the bacteria, but for whatever reason it doesn't affect me. I was certain that that wasn't the case. But, it's definately something. Called the hubs and asked if he would call the DR. and see if I could piggy back on his appt. just in case. Last thing I wanted was to give the kids something like that for Christmas.

My Brother comes over to drop his dog off because he's going out of town...he informs me that he and his daughter (whom we spent last Sunday with ) have been sick with Strep all week. Hmmmmm.....maybe...nope ...I'm 38 years old...never had it ...can't get it....

went to the Dr. Drum roll please.....

I HAVE FREAKIN: STREP THROAT!!!!! Arghhh...antibiotics are my friend.

And ya know what? I can get strep..obviously. I feel horrible being around everyone all week and pray that no one else gets it. Bleh... Anyway...feeling much better now and I have...

OFFICIALLY finished all my Christmas cards. This is the absolute closest I've ever come to Christmas before getting them out. Lots of firsts for me this week.

Thanks for reading...mmmmwahhhh!

Merry Christmas Eve everyone ;0)