AH-HA!

8:53 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
I have an explanation for last Friday! Full moon and my Aunt Flo came to visit! I get it now!!! Only she can make me lose control of my emotions that way and with a Full Moon ta boot? There's no saving me.

I am not a Drama Queen. I am not irrational, and I do have a temper, but control it for the most part. It's the Irish in me I guess ;0) But I have been diagnosed with clinical PMS. I discovered this back in college when I was playing a card game with some friends, some one teased me one too many times and I turned the table over on them, left, went to bed, got up the next morning and didn't remember any of it.

Back before kids, I was a real mess about a week before my Aunt would arrive. Problem being, I never knew when she was coming! So, here we are on my emotional roller coaster. For those, who don't really get the PMS thing because you are say, a guy. Compare it to a really bad, rainy day, after drinking all night, your majorly hungover, head is pounding, body is aching, all you want to do is crawl under a rock (or pillow) and die, it's about 7 a.m and your roommate decides to practice his drums. You'll come close.

My particular Aunt Flo would torture me to the point, I really couldn't get out of bed and no amount of tylenol would make her afflictedness go away. At the time, I was also allergic to ibuprofen and well...no magic drugs are available. So, on the pill I went. At least now, I could prepare for her arrival properly. Still incredibly abusive, but at least now I could handle it a little better.

Then I became pregnant with my first child. My dearest Auntie didn't come 'round for nearly two years!! So, after she returned I tolerated her for another year or so and kicked her butt out again! Another 20 months without her!!! Yay!

2 C-sections and 2 kids later she pops in now and again, but I'm older and wiser and can take 800 mg of ibuprofs to ease her visits. I found out a couple of years ago that I am, infact, allergic to aspirin, not ibuprofen. Nuprin, contained both ;0)

BUT...there's always a but isn't there? ...the moods have gotten progressively worse and I CANNOT always control them. Like my tears and anger on Friday. It just happened to be coupled with a very over-tired 6 year old and 2 tragic deaths and a full moon! Can you couple something with 4 events?

It's amazing how, once again though, the sun brings clarity. Aunt Flo does most of her damage before her visits now, and I'm okay with that. And now that you know way too much about me, I will share some relatively good news, or at least and explanation of the tragic events that ensued for my friend Lara on Friday.

The fire started in the kitchen. This happened because, the Mom (who was trapped in the house), got up in the middle of the night, made some tea, and took 4 Vicadin. An addiction, some new she had, but didn't really come to light until this event. The burner was never turned off, and the tea kettle burned up and started the fire. The 9 year old's room was directly across from the kitchen.

There were NO smoke dectors in the house. And this is the message David (the father and husband) wishes to send to you all.

"Check your smoke detectors every six months. If you don't have them, put them in no matter what the expense. It could be a matter of life or death. If even one family can be saved from this tragedy, than that's worth something." quoted from Lara.

The family has received help from the Red Cross and their insurance company, however, they have a long road of healing ahead. David still battles his own private demons, but is on the road to recovery. Thank you all for you thoughts and prayers where they are concerned, and please keep this story in mind and pass it on. Knowledge is power.

Have a great Tuesday!

0 comments: